Saturday, November 24, 2007

Serve Him With All of Your Heart

II Chronicles 6:14 "He said: "O Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like You in heaven or on earth-You who keep Your covenant of love with Your servants who continue wholeheartedly in Your way.""
 
I read this verse and first reaction is warm fuzzies...another example of a Bible hero {Solomon} praising God for keeping His promises!  Then as I dissect the verse further I learn even more and I am hooked!  I love it when a verse draws me in on one aspect and then deepens my love and respect for our Maker on others!  Ok, I know this is about to be way more biblical history than I normally get into but I think it is important to really grasp the text from which the above verse has been taken so please hang in with me here...
       Alright, so Solomon has got it pretty good at this point in the story...he's been established as the ruler over his earthly father's, David's, kingdom...he has asked for wisdom and God blessed him with wisdom, wealth, riches and honor!  So he has built God a temple and he is dedicating this new holy place to God through a prayer which starts with the above verse.  The very end of this verse "covenant of love with Your servants who continue wholeheartedly in Your way,"" is the part that hit me second...yes God keeps His promises...to those who serve Him and continue wholeheartedly in His way.  We've got to shed the "old me" when we come into God's presence and give Him all of us, mind, soul & heart-all of our heart!  As this transition fully comes to pass an amazing thing will happen, the desires of our heart will become more pure and more God pleasing and then, as He has done for His servants as far back as Solomon and farther, He will bless us more than we are even looking for!  Solomon gave himself to God heart, soul, mind & body and his only desire was for wisdom, so he could serve the people whom God had entrusted to his reign and God blessed Solomon with not only wisdom but also many, many other things.  God wants to do this for us!  It is not an easy journey to shed your earthly ways and devote yourself wholly to God and His plan but friends I guarantee it one that is worthwhile and well rewarded with things beyond earthly possessions...it is well rewarded with the presence of God within your very soul!  Please pray with me:
 
Father in heaven, We come to You amazed at what works You have done, at what love You have shown, at what promises You have made & kept.  We thank You Lord for the opportunity to take a journey of faith with You that will ultimately lead me to Your ultimate reward, life with You in heaven.  Please help us, Lord, to serve You with our whole hearts - to seek You in all things and to do all that we do to Your glory.  We continue to lift praises to Your holy name for the healing You have already worked in Summer, Kayla and all others for whom we individually name to You.  We keep coming to You and calling upon Your mercy and healing hand to restore their bodies and their lives.  God we want to always thank You for our country's service men and women, these brave soldiers put their own lives at risk every day in order to protect ours.  Please protect and bless them each as well as their families.  Lastly today Father, I personally thank You for all who read these messages that You have allowed me the blessing of typing, I thank You for letting me serve You through sharing Your love with my family, my friends and possibly some I've never met who may be reading this on my web site.  Lord please bless and protect them all as they go through their daily lives this week and always, sending forth Your favor before them in all that they do and everywhere they go.  In Your Son Jesus name we ask that all this may come to pass in accordance with Your will.  Amen. 
Have a blessed weekend and week ahead!
Love through Christ,
Niki

No comments: