Thursday, November 8, 2007

Walking In Love

2 John 6 "And this is love: that we walk in obedience to His commands.  As you have heard from the beginning, His command is that you walk in love."
 
Let me just tell you that I love this verse!  I have read so much of my Bible, many verses repeatedly through the years, yet I do not recall having read this particular one prior to tonight.  I have read that we are to love one another, that we are to be the light, that we are to walk in the light but this expression, "walk in love," well it seriously brings it to a whole other level for me!  It becomes more than simply doing something or acting a certain way...to me - this "walk in love" - it becomes a journey we take.  I feel that to walk in love is to take a journey with God to where He calls us, to where He leads us to where we can live and walk daily in His presence because He is love!  Whoa!  Let me say that again, God is love!  So really, when you think about it from that perspective than to walk in love is to walk in God...in God?  Yes, in God, in His presence, filled with His Holy Spirit, following His commands, obeying His path...walking in and with Him in everything we do.  Oh, I want that!  I so want that!  Don't you?  Doesn't it fire you up to think about that kind of love, that kind of life, that kind of journey?  I'm bursting with this excitement that I hope is coming through in these feeble words.  This is love, this is what we all yearn for and it is right here being given to us through His amazing grace (yes I went there).  I Corinthians says, "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.  And the greatest of these is love."  God is love, the greatest is love, to truly love is to walk in God.  I feel like I am fumbling over what I want to express here.  I pray that God walks with you each this weekend and the week ahead and shows you His love that you may walk in Him and share His love with others.  I continually thank you for joining me in daily prayers for our troops, for those in need of healing & comfort and for Summer & Kayla who continue their paths of recovery.  I am personally grateful for your time and support each week as you read my messages and I pray for God's blessings to flow continually through each of your lives.  I hope & pray that you have a blessed weekend and week ahead!!!
Love through Christ,
Niki 

No comments: