Saturday, November 17, 2007

God's Truth Walk

This week I have been inspired by a verse that was in one of Stasi's devotionals.  I am going to give the NIV version of this verse and then the way in which I originally read it, which is the ICB {International Children's Bible.}
Psalm 86:11
"Teach me Your way, O Lord, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name."
"Lord, teach me what You want me to do.  And I will live by Your truth.  Teach me to respect You completely."
The Orthodox Study Bible was very similar to the NIV but instead of "give me an undivided heart" it asks, "unite my heart." 
 
I feel very blessed to have the biblical resources in my home that I do!  Sometimes, when something is translated from its original version/language it is easy to lose something in translation and so to me the different perspectives of the Bible verses offer a more complete picture for me.  In my life lately, I have been in a similar mind-set as this verse speaks to me, I have been asking God to teach me what He wants me to be doing.  It's how I got started with these weekly emails over 16 months ago, how I felt God leading me to my new "daily verses" emails and ultimately I believe it is what led my family and me to NC.  I love the two different ways it talks about what truth should be, it should be the way we walk, the way we live!  If you were able to read last weekend's verse you'll recall how much I loved the phrase, "walk in love."  So I would hope it is not a huge surprise how I am equally excited about walking in truth!  I love how this verse ties it together, asking God to teach us His ways that we may walk in truth.  His ways, His truth and respect/fear for His name.  Truth and respect are so closely related in my mind & heart already, I have many times said to those around me that I feel that I am not being given respect when someone lies to me.  Likewise I try my best to tell the truth always because I try my hardest to show my respect to all whom I come in contact with.  We can't lie to God, we might try but He knows everything so He knows the truth already.  How much more do you think He hurts when we try to lie to Him, and to ourselves?  I know as a parent, when my daughter has tried to lie though I already know the truth, well, it feels like someone is stabbing my heart, a physical pain in my chest.  I imagine that for God it's hundreds if not thousands of times worse of a feeling because He is not only our Father He is also our Creator, Savior, Immanuel - God with us!  Let's try hard this week (and always) to walk in His truth and to seek His teaching of what He wants us to do.  Let's pray:
Lord, Heavenly Father,
Thank You for Your truths as You have shared us with in Your precious Word.  Please help us to learn what it is You want us to do & help us also Lord to walk in truth, in Your truth.  We praise Your holy name for the healing's You have already worked in Summer and Kayla.  We continue to beseech Your grace and healing hand in their bodies and their lives.  Father we also thank You for our country's service men and women who put their own lives at risk to protect ours.  Please bless and protect them each as well as their families.  Finally Lord, I thank You for everyone who reads this, I thank You for allowing me the blessing of passing Your love along to many of my family, friends and maybe even some strangers who may be reading this on my web site.  Please bless and protect each of them as they go about their lives this week, allowing Your favor to go before them in all that they do.  In Jesus name we ask that this all may be done according to Your will.  Amen.
Have a blessed weekend & week ahead!
Love through Christ,
Niki

No comments: