Tuesday, April 17, 2007

What A Friend!

 
 
John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
 
Sorry that last week's had no title and this week's is a day late...I fell victim to jet lag and distractions but it was a poor choice by me to not put better effort into making sure things get done right.  I do hope that everyone had a wonderfully blessed Easter.  We spent ours in Texas with my grandparents and it was superb! 
 
Have you ever had one of those days where it felt as if nothing were going right?  How about having an entire vacation begin and end that way?  What did you do?  How did you choose to react?  It is our choice you know...we can choose to take it out on everyone around us.  OR, and this is the harder choice but I personally feel it is the better one, we can choose to take it up to Him!  One of my favorite hymns growing up was "What a Friend We Have in Jesus."  Several times in each verse we would sing, "take it to the Lord in prayer."  I am a firm believer that we need to take it to our Lord with praises when we have a good day!  I also think that there is no better time to choose to take it to our Lord, and friend, than on those "bad" days.  I don't know about you but every now and then I need a good vent.  I know that my true friends will always listen to my tales, good or bad...just as I hope and pray that they know I would always do the same for them in a heartbeat!  However, if ever I am not available for whatever reason I pray that they would make the choice which I try hard to make...and that is to take it to our Lord in prayer!  Take it all to Him!  He is always listening and ready to hear our prayer.  Guess what else, He wants to hear from His friends!  That's right, our amazing Lord, Savior and Guide considers us, lowly sinners, we are dear to Him as His friends.  So just as your closest friends are ready and willing and wanting to hear from you in good times and bad so is Jesus longing for you to take it all to Him in prayer.  My prayer that I am taking to our Friend this week is that He give each of you the strength to take it all to Him.  I also please continue to ask you to join me in praying for Summer and her family, thanksgiving for all He has done and also to ask that He continues to heal her in His perfect timing.  Please also continue to join me in daily praying for our troops for all that they choose to sacrifice so that you and I may sleep safely each night.  Also please keep in mind to pray for each other, prayer is our most powerful gift from God that we can easily share with our brothers and sisters in Christ.  I am personally and continually grateful that God has blessed me with each of you allowing me into your week through my thoughts and I pray that He may bless and protect each and every one of you today and always.
 
Hope you have a blessed Sunday and an awesome week ahead!!!
 
Love through Christ,
Niki

No comments: