Thursday, April 19, 2007

Prayer Request

In the face of the tragedy that befell Virginia Tech, the state of Virginia on a whole and our great country yesterday morning I have a prayer request. 

Please join me in praying for the families and friends of the victims, for the survivors, for all who feel the pain of this horrific situation...please join me in praying for their comfort, for their strength to survive, for peace in a time where it feels so far from being obtainable. 

Please pray with me in thanksgiving for the lives that were saved by classmates and professors who put themselves at risk to barracade doors, join my in thankful prayer that this massacre although the worst college shooting in the history of our country was not even larger, for the law enforcement, ems, doctors and nurses and other civil service men and woman who were called to action in Blacksburg yesterday. 

My heart goes out to all who have been touched by this violence... In a situation where it is hard to determine "where can I help" I turn to prayer and now I am praying intensly for all of them because I feel this is what I can do.

No comments: