Friday, April 27, 2007

Trusting in His Peace

 

Passage John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

When we are worried or anxious over something it is difficult to hear a verse such as this and apply it to our lives. I think it is much easier to feel at peace in the Lord when everything is going great in our lives. However, it is when we feel that tug of fear, trouble or anxiety that we need to remember that God’s peace is always with us…so long as we have faith and place all of our trust in Him and in His promises. Easier said than done is truly a cliché that is appropriate but I have heard it said that if life is going to be hard anyway why not spend that struggle and energy focused on putting God first and putting all our trust in Him. Let it go and let God take care of it because ultimately He is in control.  What about when "it" is unknown?  How do we "give 'it' to God" when we don't even know what "it" is?  That my friends is not something I fully know how to do yet myself, I am working on it at this very moment.  Prayer is a big key, this I am sure...God wants to hear from us...whatever "it" is that we may be going through, He already knows what we do not.  I say let's pray for peace.  Peace of mind that whatever "it" is God has a plan to prosper us and He will never leave us.  Peace of heart feeling His presence dwell with us as we pray our way to letting go.  Peace of soul, trusting entirely in  John 14:27 that He has given us His peace, He has left it here with us and for us.  I pray that whether times are good or troublesome in your life right now that God may grant you all peace and cradle you in His loving arms so you can fell His peace fully surrounding you.  I ask you to please continue to join me in remembering Summer, our troops and each other in our daily prayers.  I am still and ever thankful that God allows me to come to you each week and share His love and Word through my thoughts and writings.  I am also always praying that He may surround you with His love, favor, blessings and protection.

Love through Christ,

Niki   

No comments: