Monday, November 27, 2006

Thoughts: Week Eighteen

Good evening, good morning or good day to each of you!!
I hope and pray that you all had a special, safe and blessed Thanksgiving!  I do apologize for the delay in this week's message.  I have a topic to discuss which I really feel that God is impressing upon me to share my thoughts and experiences of.  This is very difficult for me on two levels.  The first being that it is hard to open up and share something this personal but I feel this is a part of my growing process and more importantly may encourage someone reading this.  The second reason this topic, which is Self-Image by the way, has me so reluctant to share is because I do not want to come off as if this week is my own personal pity party.  I am praying even as I am typing that this does not come off in a way which causes you to feel pity for me.  You see, I have never really had a good self-image...as far back as I can remember I always wanted to be someone else.  I never thought anything I did was good enough.  I loved to act in the plays the drama group performed and lose myself in the character so for just that little bit I didn't have to think about who I am...or all of the mistakes I make every day...or how I always seem to be not quite good enough.  As I have been growing closer and closer to God I have come to find that this way of thinking is blocking His blessings for my life in many ways.  So the new me...the one who is trying to see the good in me that He must see since He is allowing me the blessing of writing these emails, that new me says, let's find what the Bible tells me.  In Genesis we are told of how God created us in His image...I know we all sin and fall short of His glory but at the base of it all we are in His image!  Forgiveness ties in here on multiple levels too.  When we repent of our sins He forgives us, we know this but if you truly take it to heart then when you repent and He forgives then what is left is His image in which He created us!  I could go on and on but I also want to point out that when we ask Him to forgive us then we need to also forgive ourselves!  I know all of this in my mind but man I am still a major work in progress on all counts!  I wanted to keep this short and sweet so forgive me for not going deeper into the 3 topics that I have really opened up here...my prayer for you this week is that you are able to find time to dwell and pray on your own self-image...prayer of thanks if you have a good one!  Otherwise, join me in praying for the faith in His Word to see ourselves as He sees us, in His image. 
I continue to pray that God surrounds you with His love, favor and blessings this day, this week and always. 
Have an awesome weekend and holiday week ahead!
Love through Christ,
Niki

If you feel inspired to pass along my email, please do!  And/or if you or some one you know would enjoy receiving my weekly thoughts, please send an email to: Banklady79@aol.com

My weekly messages can now also be viewed at:

No comments: