Sunday, December 10, 2006

Week Nineteen - Sorry it is so late

 "Tis the season to be jolly!"
Those words from Deck the Halls struck me this morning as I drove to work belting out the lyrics along with George Strait.  I smiled and thought about how this time of year is so beautiful…personally I don’t like the cold, but all of the lights and decorations.  As I was hanging lights on my Uncle's house I thought of it as decorating for the most important birthday party of the year! J  So naturally with all of this around us this should be “the season to be jolly,” or “the most wonderful time of the year.”  However, and I tread lightly because I certainly do not want to discount anything from Christmas, still I think it is important as Christians to remember this joy all the year through.  When the decorations come down in January, we should keep our spirits up and our eyes focused on our Lord.  We have so many things by His grace to be thankful and joyful for!  Besides the obvious physical things such as clothes, shelter, vehicles, food and all other possessions which God has allowed us to have in our lives, we have the joy of knowing we can hope in the Lord…and the joy of knowing His favor is going before us…the joy of His protection, deliverance and most importantly salvation!  I could go on and on but I know that once I have gotten you started you can make your own mental or written list of all of the joys in your life.   Hold them close to your heart and when you feel like crying, screaming or plain ole' having a pity party for yourself instead reach for this list and thank God for every thing on it...I know from personal experience that although difficult to make yourself be thankful when you are down in the dumps it is also one of the BEST ways to get your mind off of your problems and focused on the One who can and will help you back up again!  I pray that you are having a truly joyful start to this awesome Christmas season!  I am always praying for each of you that God surrounds you with His love, favor and blessings, this day, this week and always.
Due to time constraints during the week I will be moving the weekly thoughts to now come out on Saturday mornings instead of Thursday nights.    You are each inspiring me to push myself farther and continue to grow in my faith!  Thank you for your continued interest in receiving my messages!
Have an awesome weekend and week ahead!!
Love through Christ,
Niki
Psalm 100:2 "Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. "
 
If you feel inspired to pass along my email, please do!  And/or if you or someone you know would enjoy receiving my weekly thoughts, please send an email to Banklady79@aol.com
 
My weekly messages can also be viewed at:

No comments: