Sunday, December 17, 2006

Week Twenty One

Christmas Greetings to one and all,

My personal verse of the week:

Romans 8:28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

This verse takes me back to 7th Grade, our teacher Mr. Busse had this on his wall above the white board all year long…every year.  For those of you who do not know me as well, this is a feat for me to remember because I have been blessed with a very poor memory, short and long term.  I say blessed because maybe I don’t always remember the good but that also means I probably do not remember most of the bad either! J  You know, I have been thinking about this verse and when times are good, everyone’s healthy & happy, it is much easier to remember we are God’s children and He is working our lives for good and as in Jeremiah 29:11, “plans to prosper you…”  But, when times get tough, it is far more difficult to envision the good He is working in our lives.    Do not let your thoughts stray too far though because His Word is true and certain and that is why I know He is always working every event in our life to good.  It is hard to hear that when you are going through that tough time right now, it is hard to comprehend how bad things can happen for good reason…but, and I like this idea, we do not have to understand it! J There are so many things we will never understand, nevertheless that should not keep us from placing all of our trust and all of our life into His hands.  Believe me, I am not all the way there myself, yet I know as I pray each day that He is watching me grow towards this goal.  I know that I am trying and that some days I stumble, other days I fall totally flat on my face!  However, He is a forgiving and loving God and Father and He understands us, and He understands what we do not and BEST of all He understands what we face because He came to earth and walked this path.  I want to keep it short but I hope that if you have 5 or ten minutes you will take a moment and read all of Romans Chapter 8.  You can read it online at the below link to Bible.com and it is really an uplifting study! http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=Romans+8&passage2=&passage3=&passage4=&passage5=&version1=31&version2=0&version3=0&version4=0&version5=0&Submit.x=31&Submit.y=9

This week I am praying that no matter where your life is hanging in these days, that you are able to remember that God is working His good in our lives at all times.  I continually and daily pray that you are surrounded and protected by God’s love, favor and blessings always.  I pray you are having a blessed and merry Christmas season thus far!

Have a blessed week ahead!

Love through Christ,

Niki

If you feel inspired to pass along my email, please do!  And/or if you or someone you know would enjoy receiving my weekly thoughts, please send an email to Banklady79@aol.com
 
My weekly messages can also be viewed at:

No comments: