Thursday, November 16, 2006

Niki's Weekly Thoughts ~ Week Seventeen: 11-16-2006

Hello and a superbly happy day to one and all!!!
Philippians 4:6: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." 
There is still a small part of me that reads a verse like the above and thinks to myself, 'Easier said than done!'  But more and more lately I have been learning that although it is extremely hard to change you perspective to this thankful mind and non-anxious attitude it is not impossible.  Better yet, the more you work at it the more it becomes habit and habits are a bit easier to hang onto once they have become habits.  It takes practice and a very open mind but the next time you feel like complaining try to stop yourself and search for something to rather be thankful for.  Yesterday I had a great example of a situation to practice this in.  I had a ditsy moment and while at an Imaging Center for x-rays I locked my keys in the van.  Poor, sleep deprived George had to rush to my rescue yet I was still going to be late for work and boy did I know it!  But as I hung up the phone and thought about kicking the tires I told myself be thankful.  So I started to pray, I thanked God for the favorable weather, after all it's mid-November and was not too cold at all.  I thanked Him for a momentary understanding moment from my boss and also I even had something to drink in my purse so I thanked God for that too!  Then, when I was laughing at myself and sharing the laughter with a very close friend whom I love dearly, she pointed out to me that there was something important which I forgot to be thankful for...my husband, I am so extremely blessed to have someone who shares my love and my life and comes to my rescue in all the ways he can!  I know that the Niki from even just 3 years ago would have been stomping mad and freaking out and screaming at God why couldn't He miraculously open the locks.  So now I am thankful that I have come such a far way!  I am even more thankful for an experience/example to share with you!  I am thankful that each and every one of you allows me into your email box each week  because I have grown even more through being able to share my faith with you all!  I thank God for you...and I sincerely send my personal thanks to each of you.  I pray that God helps you guide your thoughts towards the good in all situations and that He send His Spirit to inspire your own thankful prayers.  I am sending prayers for a safe, thankful and God filled holiday next week!  I continue to pray that God surrounds you with His love, favor and blessings this day, this week and always. 
Due to Thanksgiving my plans are to send next weeks message by Saturday morning the 25th at the latest.
Have an awesome weekend and holiday week ahead!
Love through Christ,
Niki
If you feel inspired to pass along my email, please do!  And/or if you or some one you know would enjoy receiving my weekly thoughts, please send an email to: Banklady79@aol.com

No comments: