Friday, November 10, 2006

Niki's Weekly Thoughts ~ Week Sixteen: 11-10-2006

Best wishes for a happy Friday to one and all!!!
Ephesians Chapter 6 tells us to, "put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground."  I once heard an inspirational speaker on American Family Radio talk about praying every day something like this, "Father I ask that you surround and protect me this day as I put on Your armor.  This day I am armed with Your belt of truth, Your breastplate of righteousness, my feet are fitted with the readiness of the Gospel of peace, I hold up the shield of faith, I put on the helmet of salvation and through prayer I carry the sword of the Spirit.  May this armor which Your Word has described for me keep me alert and praying and ever on Your path.  In Jesus Name I ask this.  Amen."  Ok, so I do not remember at all the word by word version she used...but my point is that her suggestion was that we pray on the armor every single day.  I know I have days where I feel so in line with His plans for my life that I am walking strong and must be wearing every piece of His armor.  Still, I have quite a few days where I stumble, fall and sometimes even lay in the dirt having myself a pity party.  God has given us the tools to fight off the evil, to stand strong in Him and to rise above our circumstances.  We need to choose His way.  He is calling each of us to put on His armor and keep our faith in Him because He has great things in store for us when we remember and choose to stand up against the evil and bad times.  We cannot dwell on the down time, we need to fix our eyes on the Lord and keep that focus on Him by faith.  I know I am the first and the worst at making it a daily walk, a daily journey...but I am getting better.  I am seeing more and more how each piece of His armor is an important tool to stay strong in our hope and faith in Him and His plans for us.  I pray that today you have enough time to stop and through prayer put on the armor of God.  I pray He shines His light on your path and guides you through another week. I continue to pray that God surrounds you with His love, favor and blessings this day, this week and always.
Have an awesome weekend and week ahead!
Love through Christ,
Niki
 
If you feel inspired to pass along my thougts, please do!  And/or if you or someone you know would like to join the our list to receive the messages via email please send an email to
Banklady79@aol.com .

No comments: