Sunday, November 5, 2006

Niki's Weekly Thoughts ~ Week Fifteen: 11-3-2006

 
Greetings and a happy Friday to one and all!!
Romans 8:24-25 tells us, "For in this hope we were saved.  But hope that is seen is no hope at all.  Who hopes for what he already has?  But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."
There's this cute story I have heard several times that I want to share...
    A man is conversing with God on matters of time and money.  He asks, "Lord, how long is a minute?"  God replies, "My child, a minute to me is the same as a hundred million years to you."  The man also asks, "Lord, how much is a penny?"  God tells the man, "A penny to me is the same as a hundred million dollars to you."  The man quietly ponders the comparisons and then requests, "Lord, may I please have a penny?"  God smiles at him and says, "In a minute."
    It is often said that it comes to him who waits.  My, oh my, have I felt like I have been waiting.  Isn't it funny though, while it seems to take forever for us to wait on something we so earnestly hope for, once we've had it and look back on it then it always feels that time flies by so quickly.  I started thinking about how time to us and to God is on different scales yet He is always with us.  I compared it in my mind to being a parent.  As a child it seems like every step, every event, every milestone is so long coming...but then once you become a parent those moments fly by so fast that you struggle to grab onto them and cherish them in your heart.  We are right beside our children yet it seems we are almost on different time tables.  But hope is a universal gift, isn't it?  When we hope for something in faith we need to patiently wait for it.  I know from personal experience that this is much easier said than done!  But God has been constantly reminding me through so many different aspects that His will for my life will happen and I need to wait patiently, keep my hope in my faith in His capability to run my life much better than I could ever do on my own.  I have not been feeling well since that sinus infection in early September and this new medicine has clouded my judgement and I cried out to God this week for some relief to that cloud over my mood.  He showed me yet again that I needed simply to refocus my hope and gather up my patience.  He is my rock on which I stand and I pray that He is yours as well.  I know He is showing each of us how to stretch our patience limits and how to hope in Him more and more each day...and by this I know He strengthens our faith as well.  I pray that I was not too rushed this morning to really listen to what God would inspire me to type to you.  I continue to pray that God surrounds you with His love, favor and blessings this day, this week and always. 
Have an awesome weekend and week ahead!
Love through Christ,
Niki
If you feel inspired to pass along my email, please do!  And/or if you or some one you know would enjoy receiving my weekly thoughts, please send an email to: Banklady79@aol.com

No comments: