Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Perceived Attitude

Psalm 146:2 & 5 "While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.  Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God." 
 
Praise, help, hope...these words speak to my heart on so many levels.  I have found that the more I spend time with our loving Father the more my soul sings & shouts His praises.  The more I set my hope in Him the more I can feel His help.  Truly if we can experience God's love on the personal scale He is offering it to us then we will find that praise, help and hope tie into our everyday lives more and more.  That is not to say that life will miraculously become an easy street of excessive happiness where nothing ever goes wrong, that is not realistic...  However, I have been learning and relearning that the more I fully trust and hope His promises to be true then the less difficult it becomes to remain positive and praiseful during the hard times.  In any type of "customer service" position the employees are often reminded that "perception is everything", if a client perceives an injustice then it occurred.  I believe, as Christians, attitude is everything...well, ok not everything but roll with me here...if our attitude is positive than any situation that arises can be turned into a positive.  Our attitude is in direct connection with our perspective - so if we have a good attitude than chances are we'll have a good perspective.  Life has ups and downs, friends get sick, money gets tight, loved ones are too far away, fill in the blank with endless sad things but then remember that a sick friend is an opportunity to share God's love through your actions, God will provide for all your needs monetary included, vacation time is just around the corner & you'll cherish that visit all that much more since time is precious.  If we shift our attitude to a praiseful one, singing His praises morning, noon & night we will find our perspective becomes a bright happy one because we can dwell in the hope & knowledge that God is our help and will always be with us.  Let's pray this week that we may keep our attitude in the right perspective according to His Word, knowing in our hearts & souls that He helps us in all things if only we let Him.  Please continue to join me in daily prayer for our service men & women both overseas and here at home, their jobs never cease and neither should our prayers for their protection.  Summer continues her healing path via God's miraculous answers to everyone's prayers.  She also continues to have a long path ahead of her and as we continue to praise God for all He has done we also please ask that according to His plans may He continue her healing.  As we keep praying for Summer's healing may we please also remember Kayla Aguero and her family, God is good and His miracles continue to amaze me.  May we please also pray for all who may be hurting whether physically, mentally or emotionally, asking God for His comfort, peace, healing and love to surround them every minute of their days.  I am honored and extremely thankful to be welcomed into your email box each week and I pray that God may bless & protect you each surrounding you with His love and favor.  Have a blessed week ahead!!!
Love through Christ,
Niki

No comments: