Monday, October 22, 2007

If the LORD had not...

Psalm 124 "If the LORD had not been on our side—let Israel say- if the LORD had not been on our side when men attacked us, when their anger flared against us, they would have swallowed us alive; the flood would have engulfed us, the torrent would have swept over us, the raging waters would have swept us away.  Praise be to the LORD, who has not let us be torn by their teeth.  We have escaped like a bird out of the fowler's snare; the snare has been broken, and we have escaped.  Our help is in the name of the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth."
 
I apologize for my tardiness, I had the stomach flu this weekend and was on bed rest as much as possible...
 
I read this and it makes me think of the current drought we are living through here in the southeast...I know northern  Georgia is in the news for how bad theirs is but here locally we may not be far behind them...I think of the fires in California, the wars in the Middle East, the many troubles and challenges we all face day to day.  It reminds me of not only all the tragedy, sin, darkness but especially of how our loving LORD saves us from the worst.  I think about how we trust in Him and He in turn delivers us.  I remember the "Footprints" poem and the idea that He carries us when we must muddle through the worst of times.  I additionally reflect on the saying, "If God brings you to it then He will bring you through it!"  These thoughts lead me to shouts and songs of joy, praise, glory and thanksgiving...I am moved to happy tears as I recall all the things God has lead me through in my life and all the trials He has brought me around because He keeps His promises and His holy Word tells us He will never give us more than we can stand up under.  Many times it takes steps in the wrong direction to point us back to the right path, to draw us closer to Him and to bring us to the mind-set of ever giving thanks...I know that I have been off and on the path back and forth and never could have allowed the Spirit into my heart and soul the way He has been lately if I had not learned many lessons from doing it the wrong way so many times.  If we lift each other up in prayer, if we remember that every mistake is a learning opportunity and if we keep our faith in Him Who is our strength, our light...our everything, then we will find ourselves praising His name from the highest mountains for all He has delivered us from and also from all He has brought us through.  Please join me in praying for our views of every situation in life to bring us to thankfulness for all He has done, is doing and will continue to do to be on our side and bring us through or around all trials in our daily lives.  I continually thank you for joining me in daily prayers for our troops, for those in need of healing & comfort including Summer who continues her path of recovery.  She has come a long way from when we first started praying for her and I know her family and friends appreciate our continued prayers as God continues to work His miraculous healing in her.  I am personally grateful for your time and support each week as you read my messages and I pray for God's blessings to flow continually through each of your lives.  I hope & pray that you have a blessed week ahead!!!
Love through Christ,
Niki

No comments: