Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fall Into God

 
Psalm 118:13-14 "I was pushed back and about to fall, but the Lord helped me.  The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation."
 
I probably cannot count on two hands the many times I have felt a personal struggle of being pushed back from God by temptations, worries and other things of this world...and rather than just about to fall I have fallen many times from His path for my life.  Humbly I come back to God each time asking His forgiveness and He helps me, He strengthens me.  By His mercy, grace and His Spirit's welcome presence in my heart I have slowly gotten better at falling into His open arms, giving Him the control in my life...for a recovering control freak this is no easy road!...He is patient, gracious and welcoming and as in verse 14 He is my daily song; He truly has become my salvation!  I am not even sure that words can possibly begin to describe the peace within me as I let go more and more and on my knees ask Him to guide me on His path for my life, to lead me towards what He would have me do, to allow me to serve Him and bless others through the talents and blessings He has afforded me.  As an empty stomach yearns for food so does my soul more and more yearn for His precious Word which is food for my spirit.  I pray that we may each reach for our loving Lord's hand to help us when we are pushed back, that we may ask Him into our hearts and souls to be our song & strength each and every day.  I continue to ask that we please join together in prayer for Summer and for all who are in need of God's continued healing hand.  May the Lord grant those who are suffering physically, mentally and/or spiritually peace, strength & comfort in their spirits as He surrounds them with His loving arms.  Please also join with me daily in prayer for the protection of our military and their families.    I am personally keeping you each in my prayers and asking our heavenly Father to bless & protect you and to grant His favor before you each day.  Have a blessed and awesome week ahead!
Love through Christ,
Niki

No comments: