Sunday, October 14, 2007

Oct. 7: Blessing God In All Things

 
"Blessed be Your name, On the road marked with suffering, Though there's pain in the offering, Blessed be Your name...Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise..."  
We are extremely blessed in that we have 3 wonderful Christian music stations to choose from on the radio, the Bible belt has its perks, ya know?  I love that after my morning prayers I can turn on the radio and sing His praises all the while I am getting ready for my day.  As I drive to work I can sing to the Lord and prepare my heart and mind some more for glorifying Him in all I will do.  As I drive back home I am able to unwind from any stresses of the day by singing again to my wonderful Lord and thanking Him for the blessings that are present in all situations.  It has been a seemingly long road to get me to this point where I want to daily, hourly and sometimes each second connect with my heavenly Father (though at 28 most would say how long could it truly be but perspective is different to each person).  I am continually still growing in God and I still stumble often but I have learned that in all things God is good and His name should be blessed.  I know there are a hundred analogies that can be made about life's ups and downs but the one constant is that God is always there for us and He should be praised and blessed by our words, deeds and thoughts.  God has promised us in many passages in His precious Word that He will always be with us and He has promised us salvation through nothing we have done or earned...He loves us unconditionally and without end.  Blessing, honoring and praising His good name seems like so little in comparison.  Maybe it speaks more to me because music has always touched me on such a spiritual level, or maybe it is just what I needed to hear at this point in my life...whatever the case may be I pray that God may bless you abundantly.  I pray that we all remember to bless His name unapologetically in this world where doing so may be a little politically un-correct.  Let us all join together in prayer for Summer and for all who are in need of God's continued healing hand.  May He grant those who are suffering physically, mentally and/or spiritually peace in their spirits and comfort as He surrounds them with His loving arms.  Please also join with me daily in prayer for the protection of our military and their families.    I am personally keeping you each in my prayers and asking our heavenly Father to protect you and grant His favor before you each day.  Have a blessed and awesome week ahead!
Love through Christ,
Niki

No comments: