Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Someone Who's Been There

 
***If you have special prayer requests please allow me to pray for you or your family/friends by sending me a quick response to this email.  I pray individually or if you wish I can ask our other brothers and sisters in Christ to join us in prayer, confidentiality is of the utmost importance to me.***
 

If you feel inspired to pass along my email, please do!  And/or if you or someone you know would enjoy receiving my weekly thoughts, please send an email to Banklady79@aol.com

 

My weekly messages past and present can also be viewed at either of the below links: http://my.care2.com/ngoofychic79/sharebook
 
I heard a song on the radio Thursday on my home from a job interview {it wasn't in God's plans for me to work there} and it still amazes me how God can send us exactly what we need when we need it if we are open to His will.  The song had several verses describing various trying situations and the chorus changed a little with each one but the overall gist of the message in the lyrics was this: no matter what situation we face & emotions we feel Jesus has been there.  He's felt sorrow, pain,  and all of the other emotions we've experienced both good and bad because He came down to this earth and became man!  Prayer is a powerful thing but when you stop and think about the simple truth that not only is He all knowing but He's also felt and does feel the emotions that we are experiencing it takes on all that much more meaning!  When you seek out a friend or confidant to talk through a problem do you not seek out the one who can best identify with what you are going through in hopes for the best advice?  Well, look no further that our one and only Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ!  He knows, He has felt it all, He has been there and even better...He is with you now as you face whatever this challenge is!!  I think this is exciting news!  It is one amazing thing to know He has saved us by His grace and He loves us and has a will to prosper us but when you add to that awesome news the fact that He has also been through whatever emotions you may be feeling it nearly knocks me over.  I pray we can all take great comfort in knowing that not only is our awesome Father by our side everyday but He has been through whatever we are feeling.  I continue to ask for our prayers for Summer, the Lord has worked miracles in her healing thus far but she still has a very long road ahead of her and our continued prayers are the best gift she can get!  Let's also please remember to pray for our soldiers & their families...you know there is a saying only two people ever offered to die to save your life the first is Jesus and the second is the American soldier.  I thank you sincerely for your prayers and I am personally praying that our loving Father continually surround you with His love, favor, protection and deliverance in every situation.  I hope and pray that you will each have a blessed weekend and week ahead!
Love through Christ,
Niki
 
*****UPDATE: Song Title is "I Have Been There" sung by Mark Schultz: Mark Schultz lyrics I Have Been There  *****

No comments: