Sunday, September 9, 2007

Advertising For God?

I recently viewed a clip of a comedian playing radio songs as advertising for different products, like the song, "Call Me," for AT&T.  He said advertisers weren't using songs enough to promote their products.  It reminded me of the email that has circulated hundreds of times of the Sunday School project where they took advertising slogans and related them to God..."God is like Dial Soap, aren't you glad you've got Him?  Don't you wish everyone did?"  Or, "God is like Allstate, you're in good hands!"  That got me thinking of what songs we could use to "advertise" for God...there would be the obvious songs that I love to lose myself in on the local Christian radio stations like "Awesome God" and "Great is the Lord"...and I've always loved most of the lyrics to "Because You Loved Me," by Celine Dion thinking that they could be related to our relationship with our Heavenly Father who most certainly makes me feel that "I'm everything I am because You loved me."  Although try as we may I think we would find that just one song could never fully sum up all the glory, honor & praise due to His holy name.  All the while also trying to fully capture all He is to us, all He's done for us and all He has planned - it can never be contained in just one song.  Maybe that's why I can't pick a favorite?  I suppose I am glad that I do not have to pick a "theme song" to advertise for God.  I think the best way we can advertise for our Lord and Savior is by living as He showed us how, letting our light shine before men and truly treating all we come across as we would want to be treated.  I pray for each of you that in your own way you are able to advertise for God through your actions as each day passes.  I pray also that He may surround each of you with His peace, love, comfort, protection & deliverance.  May we please continue to keep Summer in our prayers...thanking the good Lord for the healing He has worked in her and asking that in His perfect timing that He continue to bless her & her loved one's with her recovery.  Please also remember all who are sick, in pain, weak or otherwise in need of God's loving & healing Spirit & presence in their lives.  And always for our military, that they may be protected by our Maker even as they risk their lives to keep us each safe.  Have a blessed week ahead!
Love in Christ,
Niki 
 
 
 
    

No comments: