Monday, January 29, 2007

Walkin' In Son-shine

 

I John 1:5-7 “This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.”

Maybe it is just me but what I cling to here in this verse is the light and purity that God is offering each and every one of us through the blood of Jesus.  Powerful stuff here!  But we cannot claim that we are in fellowship or communion with Him unless we stop living in the dark!  The dark sinful places are not just physically important but we must also keep our minds, hearts and souls in His light as well.  I know I am still learning how, and still trying to fully live in the light and maybe I always will be learning and trying but that’s why I like the saying, “we are ever becoming Christian.”  It is be something we need to strive for everyday, something we need to take one day at a time but if we are to be in that fellowship with God and with each other then we need to continue to try.  To live by the truth, to live out of the darkness…I don’t think it means that we have to be perfect to be in fellowship with Him, He knows we are sinful and only Jesus is perfect…what I do think we need to do is repent as soon as we realize we’ve done something that brings us away from His light.  Then, by the blood of Jesus, we are forgiven and continue to be in His fellowship.  I believe to walk in the light is to give all of our effort into being a Christian, imitating Christ and repenting as soon as we know we have sinned.  The power of the blood of Jesus ishuge stuff!  It purifies us from ALL sin, no matter what we’ve done wrong in the past or how many times we’ve done it; Jesus’ blood has the power to purify us, to wipe the slate clean so really we have Son-shine!  It also says we will have fellowship with one another when we walk in the light.  I feel this is a very important key, because as Christians we all need each other!  When we ourselves begin walking in darkness we may not always find our way back to the light, we may not always know we have stepped into the darkness.  But if we can surround ourselves with fellow light-walkers, with others living in the Son-shine, then they can help us to see where the light is and how to get back into it.  Bottom line: God wants us to walk in His light with Him and He has given us the tools we need to accomplish it...we just need to reach out and accept them.  I pray that God's light surrounds you this week and that you are able to walk in the light with Him.  I keep you each in my prayers that God will surround you with His love, favor and blessings!  I also pray He protect you and deliver you from any darkness by the power of the Blood of His Lamb! 

Love through Christ,
Niki

***If you have special prayer requests please allow me to pray for you or your family/friends by leaving me a quick response to this message***
 

If you feel inspired to pass along my email, please do!  And/or if you or someone you know would enjoy receiving my weekly thoughts, please send an email to Banklady79@aol.com
 

No comments: