Monday, January 8, 2007

God's Blessings

 
Good evening and wishes for a blessed and happy Saturday to one and all!!
This week I have begun a journey that will bring me through the entire Bible this year.  I have been reading Genesis and refreshing some well known stories that I haven't read since I was in school.  I was surprised at how quickly the first book of my beloved Bible goes between telling of God's blessings, men's sins and back to His blessings again.  The one thing I seem to really take away from this and that sticks in my mind is that nearly as long as there has been man, there has been the need for God to forgive, bless and keep him in His care.  The more I read this the more I also begin to better understand that when we love God, truly and deeply to our core, then we want to do good things for Him and for others in His name...we want to be like Him and we want to glorify Him with our lives and in all that we do.  When we deeply and purely love God then we want to do this as our small way of thanking Him for all that He has done for us...yet it seems that the more we live this way and glorify His name and live for Him and thank Him through our words and actions then the more He grants us His blessings and favor and righteousness!!! He did this for Noah, He did this for Abraham and He continues to do this for us today!  I know we all have times when we stumble and find it hard to see the blessings in our lives but not all of the blessings are big...opening your dresser and finding that the exact shirt you wanted to wear is sitting on top, cooking a meal you have made a hundred times and having it turn out better than the other 99, opening your email to a reply from a friend you'd been thinking about and wanted to hear from, catching every green light...these are all blessings from God!  All flow thru and from Him!  But we must also remember that they will come in His time...in Psalm 37:7 reminds us, "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him..."  Patience can be a hard lesson but always a rewarding one when you are patiently waiting for the Lord's blessings!  I pray this week that God shows you all the blessings in your life, small and big alike.  I pray His Spirit assists you in your quest for patience while waiting for the Lord's blessings.  I always andcontinually pray that God's love, favor and blessings surround and protect each and every one of you who reads this message.
Love through Christ,
Niki
 
***If you have special prayer requests please allow me to pray for you or your family/friends by sending me a quick response to this email***
 
If you feel inspired to pass along my email, please do!  And/or if you or someone you know would enjoy receiving my weekly thoughts, please send an email to Banklady79@aol.com
 
My weekly messages past and present can also be viewed at either of the below links:

No comments: