Friday, January 12, 2007

Jesus Stays the Same

Greetings and blessings to all!

Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”

This is so comforting to me!  The more I read and study my beloved Bible, the more pieces to the puzzle, so to say, I find.  God is all powerful, all mighty, all loving, Emmanuel - always with us…and SO much more!!!  In consistently reading the Bible you can see how He never left His people, He never forgot or went back on His promises, His word and His covenant.  When we believe that God the Father, the Son and the Spirit are all one and the same, the trinity, well then reading Hebrews 13:8 is very reassuring!  If He never left or forgot His people in the Bible and if He is the same always then He will never forget or leave us!  Maybe it is just me but I take GREAT consolation in this!  I feel a real peace in knowing that no matter what I am going through, no matter where I am and no matter if every person in this world has left me alone, my Jesus will never leave me!  I cling to that and when I feel all alone, or I start to worry, then I can remember that His promises, ALL of them, are not going to be broken!  The waiting can be tough, at times it can take us to the downright edge of sanity, but we need to remember He is the same God, the same Jesus now as He was then…the God of Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, David…He is our God too!  He hasn’t changed and when we remember that we can hope and have faith because He will work all things in our lives for good.  I know it’s true because my Bible says so! I am so thankful that Jesus is the same then, now and forever, and thankful that His Word, His Bible is certain and sure.  I pray that according to His promises He grant each of you protection and deliverance.  I pray that you may be comforted in knowing that the promises in the Bibleapply to you as He is the same God in the Bible, in today’s time and forever.  I pray thanks to our Lord that you continue to allow me the great joy of sharing my faith with you each week.  Now and always I continue to pray daily that God's love, favor and blessings may surround and protect each and everyone of you who is reading this message.

Love through Christ,
Niki
***If you have special prayer requests please allow me to pray for you or your family/friends by sending me a quick response/comment to this entry***
 

If you feel inspired to pass along my email, please do!  And/or if you or someone you know would enjoy receiving my weekly thoughts in your email box, please leave a comment on this entry with your email address.

No comments: