Monday, August 21, 2006

Week One 7-27-06

Ok, so maybe you will read this and think that Niki has finally lost her marbles.  I hope some of you are inspired, encouraged or have your spirits lifted.  I just feel so inspired myself to share God's love.  He has been working in my life so much these past 2 years.  My walk with Him has felt closer than I ever really knew it could be.  I have always believed, but my faith is so much stronger now.  I feel that truly our whole lives we are ever becoming Christians, we learn more about His love every day.  God has made us so many promises, and He asks so little of us in return. Believe, have faith...take Jesus as your personal Savior and repent of your sins.  Sure it can be hard, some days more than others.  I know I have had entire weeks where I felt as if the best of me was just waiting to begin.  But it is our choice how we view each and every moment.  We have to make the choice to be happy.  Nowhere have I read in the Bible that it will be easy.  However, since we know it is a hard road no matter what we choose, then why not choose happiness.  I am going to be honest with you, I have days where I chose not to find the brighter side.  The best part of it is though that each day is a new beginning, in fact, each minute, every second can be a new beginning.  We just have to make the choice to shake off the bad and ask God to help us focus on the good.  After all, He told us that all things work for good for those who believe.  We all face hard times, yet I feel God wants to use these trials to bring us closer to Him.  It is good to cling to God!  He wants us to confide in Him, lay our burdens upon Him...He has already paid for us.  I believe when He died for us on the cross it was not only to save us from our sins but to also save us from the consequences those sins have.  Big and little...Jesus bought our freedom from death and from unhappiness.  He has given us hope and joy and peace, we just have to grab it and hang on for dear life.  I pray that God grants you each His supernatural protection and deliverance, favor and peace.  Have an extremely blessed weekend.
Love through Christ,
Niki

No comments: