Thursday, August 24, 2006

Week 5 August 24, 2006

 
Happy Friday to one and all!!!
I had to do something this week that I fear a lot...I had to go to the Dentist.  Now, for a lot of people this may be a normal bi-yearly visit.  For me, on the other hand, it is a confrontation of a phobia!  I freak out, I get sweaty palms and whether I tell them to stop or not my eyes leak {crying tears} a lot.  Long story short, went in for a toothache and they of course took an x-ray.  Then this New Dentist I had never before met in my life tells me I need a Root Canal and I need it today.  I prayed.  I pray everyday, I pray all day but yesterday I prayed with urgency that you can only have when facing your worst fears.  God answered this prayer swiftly and might I even say miraculously.  The dentist got in the tooth and found the cavity had not reached the nerve as she feared and she was able to treat with a mere filling instead.  Hallelujah!
So here I am this morning praying, "Lord, THANK YOU so much!" Then I realized I had spent so much time this week worrying about a silly tooth and I had no idea what I was going to type about this evening.  So I kept praying, "Lord, please inspire me so I may inspire others."  You know I no sooner spoke that prayer then the thought came into my mind...Prayer!  The power of prayer, the answers God uses...what a huge topic.  {And I have heard from hubby that my emails tend to get too long as it is.}  So I just want to share a few of my prayer highlights if you will...though it's really not enough in my mind to do any justice I will try not to undermine it.  My Grampa used to tell me {and I know you're reading this Grampa so please forgive me for not recalling exact phrases and word but I'll try to get as close as I can} about the different ways God answers us.  Of course we tend to think it's just a yes or no deal...but our God is a God of choices and He is so much bigger than a simple yes or a simple no.  He may use those but I would venture to say {and here's where I am paraphrasing if you will} God might tell us "not yet, the time is not right," or He may choose to tell us "that's not what I had in mind."  However, so many times if we ask for something in faith and are patient and continue that faith then He rewards us with something better than what we originally prayed for and it is then that I think God has answered our prayers by saying, "I have a better idea."  How awesome is it to know that the One listening to our prayers knows us better than we know ourselves and has better ideas, truly plans, for our lives!  The power of prayer, especially knowing that God might say, "Hey, I've got a better idea," that power is so great!  It is all encompassing, it tells me that not only does prayer hold the power to heal, comfort, strengthen, lift up, save, and forgive...but it also is being received by a loving, awesome God who knows what is best for us and wants to give it to us if we have faith.  Trust me this is a concept I am very young in.  I am just starting to find the power of prayer and feel strong enough to have faith in God to answer those prayers for the best.  I am still fumbling, I still fall, but I am getting so much better at picking myself back up and reminding myself that the more I pray and have that faith like a mustard seed then softer the fall.  I may have said this before but I love to tell myself all of the time...Life is hard anyway, we have to work at it no mater which way you slice it.  I have had people ask how I can stay cheerful so often and isn't that so hard to do.  But I say to you and to them, if Life is going to be tough work anyway, may as well work at being cheerful along the ride.  Things always look brighter when you carry a smile!
I'm sorry but I'm afraid I have typed a long one anyway.  I pray that each of you feels God's love surrounding you.  I pray you may find the time to explore the power of prayer and see what God answers with.  Time seems so fleeting but ASAP-Always Say A Prayer.
Love through Christ,
Niki
Ephesians 5:1 ~ Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children 2and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
If you feel inspired to pass along my email, please do!  And/or if you know of anyone who would enjoy my thoughts, please send an email

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!  God spoke to me thru you and I shared with others who enjoyed your inspiration.

Mom