Monday, August 21, 2006

Week Four 8-18-2006

 
Hello and a Happy Day to all!!
Week 4 and I am a little less nervous about writing now.  Our weekly subscriber list has grown to 9 people!  There is a quote I love that I do not know the author of but I would like to share it with you.  "God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called."  I love the perspectives that can be taken on this.  One angle I see is that God chooses each of us for His calling no matter what talents we think or others think that we have or do not have.  God is in charge and He doesn't wait around for a "qualified" person He picks us for the job!  But I think an even better perspective of this quote is this... The world views or even our own views of what qualifies someone to minister or share their faith or serve others in a multitude of ways are not the views God uses to call His people.  He knows what each of us is capable of in every scenario.  He made us!  God calls us because He knows what we don't, He knows we have what it takes to get the job done.  Whatever the job may be.  I feel that if God has called us to do a job that seems over our heads or for someone more "qualified" then He is using this experience to strengthen us...spiritually and emotionally!  He also knows that we may be afraid and are trying to point at the more "qualified" as a mere cop-out because we don't realize our own potential.  Here am I, a 27-year-old, married, mother of one and I am weekly addressing not only the 9 of you but also an unknown number of people on my Care2 homepage at http://my.care2.com/ngoofychic79
I had been praying for God to show me how I could make any difference, even just a little.  I have been asking my Savior to please allow me to bless other, that He might use to me for His work.  How awesome to think that my little thoughts/messages might touch someone's heart.  I want to share His love!  There is nothing greater than sharing His love with others, starting with the ones closest to me...family and friends.  Being a part of that - even a small part - is a total faith high!  There is nothing like it!  I would rather have this feeling, this joy of hoping I am lifting even one person's spirit, I would rather have this than a glass of wine or a bowl of ice cream.  My prayer this week is for each of you to feel God's love and favor in your lives.  He has called each of you to His purpose for your life...you may be uncertain or even afraid but He will get you thru!  He will show you how strong He knows you are.  I believe in your strength through God and I pray He shows it to you.
 
Have an extremely blessed weekend and week ahead!
Love through Christ,
Niki
 
Romans 1:6
"And you also are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ."
 
If you feel inspired to pass along my email, please do!  And/or if you know of anyone who would enjoy my thoughts, please send an email

No comments: