Saturday, August 4, 2007

Laught it up!

Proverbs 17:22a "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." 
 
I recently read an article in which Rick Warren said, "if you learn to laugh at your troubles, you'll never run out of anything to laugh at!"  Is that not the plain, brutal truth or what?  I don't know about you but I think even an optimist would be able to count a week's worth of troubles on both hands...they'd choose to find the brighter side of those troubles and not dwell on them but they'd still be there.  I think maybe when we find that we're unable to find the humor in our troubles then we've fallen into the poor situation of taking ourselves too seriously.  I know I have been there...I've been in and out of there so many times they don't even card me at the door!  Humor and the ability to laugh and find humor is not just a choice, it is part of who we are...Psalm 2:4a says, "The One enthroned in heaven laughs" and if we believe that we are created in God's image than we have to know that laughter is a part of that!  What a wonderful gift!  A tool to get us thru the bad into the lighter side of things, a path to the silver lining!  I thank and praise God for laughter and the endless supply of situations that arise that can be laughed at.  Yes, I have to make a conscious choice at times in order to get to that point but the more I make that choice then the faster the situations turns around.  The evil one doesn't want us to laugh, or he wants us to laugh at the "wrong" types of things which is all the more reason we need to find humor in our troubles, because that's exactly what satan does not want.  If he can't get to us by our troubles then we are all that much more stronger in our Lord!  I pray we can find humor in our every day lives, that we stop and thank God for the gift of laughter that He created us with!  I pray we are all able to praise Him for the miracle of life which includes the tool of laughter! I ask that we continue to please pray for all who need healing and strength, especially Summer and her family, praising God for all He has already done in her healing process and asking for His amazing healing touch tocontinue to bring Summer along to a full recovery.  Please, in prayer, let us daily remember our troops as they fight to keep our country free.  I pray that each of you are surrounded by God's love, protection, favor and blessings today and always.
Love through Christ,
Niki

No comments: