Sunday, August 12, 2007

How Awesome is our God!

Psalm 111:1a, 2 & 9b "Praise the LORD...Great are the works of the LORD; they are pondered by all who delight in them...holy and awesome is his name."
I think I may have mentioned this before but in case not I'll say again that I am very inspired by many types of music.  Songs and music have always been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember and I get so much from them...comfort, inspiration, strength,  and so much more.  I've read that a lot of the older hymns in the original hymnals were either based on Bible verses or actually were Bible verses set to music.  When I read Psalm 111 in its entirety the word awesome drew me to my husband's favorite Christian Rock song, "Awesome God."  It's one of the ones I like a lot too, but it is his all-time favorite for certain.  I think of how my cousins and I used to stand on my grandmother's fireplace and put on a "concert" for her and that song was always our favorite to belt out!  Truly our God is awesome and great are all of His works!  It is a wonderful thing to be able to not only read about and celebrate His works of the past in the Bible but also to celebrate His works in our everyday lives today, here and now.  Sure, it can be really hard to focus on the good works He is performing in our lives when we are crawling through the valleys and trying to survive our trials.  Still, they are there...every day, we have to choose to see them at times but I feel it is crucial to our spiritual, mental and emotional and maybe even physical health to find those works and spend time daily thanking our heavenly Father for all the awesome blessings He grants us.  It is important that we do this however what is truly important is that we do this because we want to praise God, we need to delight in Him and give Him all the glory, honor, praise and thanksgiving for His works...not for ourselves but for Him, to truly give Him praise is to do it not for what it can do for us but to do it, to give the praise because God is good and holy and awesome and deserves our humble praises and glory and honor.  I'm sorry I've been foggy all day from my allergies and I fear I'm not making great sense here but I pray God will impress it upon your hearts to read Psalm 111 for yourself and let it soak in and feel His awesome presence as you seek to praise His awesome and holy name.  I pray you are blessed and protected and surrounded by His love, joy and peace.  I ask that we please continue to keep Summer and her family in our prayers, along with continuing our prayers for our military and their families and always for each other as adopted Brothers and Sisters in Christ.  Have a blessed and awesome weekend and week ahead!!
Love in Christ,
Niki

No comments: