Wednesday, July 11, 2007

(June 30) Surviving Trying Times

Aloha! I want to begin this week by apologizing for not preparing better for my absence.  Some of you may already know this but many of my family were in Hawaii to celebrate my Grandma's 75th Birthday for a little over a week.  I thought I would be able to access a computer and update my thoughts from Maui but I had to settle for writing them in a notebook and sending them now.  Thank you for your understanding and your continued interest in reading my weekly messages!!!
Aloha!  Greetings from {on my way to} Maui!  I am writing this in my notebook from 30,000+ feet in the air somewhere between Chicago and Hawaii.  As I reflect on my recent airline travels, both now and back in April, I am thoroughly convinced that Bibles should be handed out with the boarding passes.  I wish I had made room for mine in my carry on bag but alas it is stowed away below the plan in our checked baggage so I have relied on what I can recall by memory for my survival.  Shouldn't we think of our Bibles as our survival manuals in times such as these?  Times when it is a mental and emotional battle within us to make the choice to focus on the silver lining.  I find it much easier to choose the positive outlook when I quote verses from my beloved Bible and also consult our Master through prayer.  It is what has gotten me to a smiling point in many different situations.  Today I am telling myself to remember 1 Samuel, "Thus far the LORD has helped me," and I know HE will continue to do so as long as I keep HIM at the center of my life.  I pray that in any and all of your trying times that you are able to FROG - Fully Rely On God!!  I ask we continue to remember those in need of healing, especially our sister in Christ Summer, in our daily prayers.  Please join me in also continually remember to pray for our troops and their families.  Warm wishes for a blessed week!!
Love throughChrist,
Niki

No comments: