Wednesday, July 11, 2007

(July 8) De-cluttering Our Faith

It is with warm Aloha that I bid you all hello as a bittersweet goodbye we say to Hawaii.  I {again} apologize for not forewarning you that I would be unable to email on time for a couple weeks.  (Let me say now that the next message may also be delayed as we will be packing up tomorrow for our move to NC and will have no Internet access until next Tuesday.)  I think that at times we try and take on too many things by ourselves and our minds get cluttered.  In order to de-clutter our minds and our lives we need to reexamine our focus.  Is our focus keyed in to our Holy Father?  Do we daily visit with HIM in prayer and Biblical meditations?  Have we allowed not only our lives but maybe also our faith to become cluttered?  I know that when I start feeling the clutter build up in my life then I find I have not been keeping my focus on God entirely as I should.  Conversely, I have also noticed that when everything in my life is falling into place and going smoothly then I can see that I have been keeping my focus on God...my prayers are asking HIS will be done in my life.  And I have my mind more in line with a desire to first and foremost serve HIM in all that I do.  More often than I would like to admit I find myself in the first category but I am praying and trying my best to keep my life and my faith de-cluttered of distractions and in focus on God.  My prayers for you this week are that you are able to quickly refocus on HIM when the clutter sneaks in.  I am pleased to report that while our prayers are needed for a continued recovery journey Summer has made amazing progress and we should join her family in praising God with all the glory, honor and praise we have in us!  Please also remember that our troops need our daily prayers for protection and for their families.  Mahalo {Hawaiian for Thank you} for your weekly support via continuing to accept and read my thoughts emails.  For those who are interested in reading vacation memories I will be working on posting a special journal entry or two on my site along with some pictures on the Care2 site but it may take a few weeks to get it all organized.  Have a blessed week and weekend ahead!  Aloha!
Love through Christ,
Niki

No comments: