Saturday, June 23, 2007

We are all Adopted

 
Passage Ephesians 1:5 "He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will..."
 
In the valleys of life when we feel lower than low and so alone it is reflection on verses such as this that can surround us with immeasurable love.  To love your child whom you watched/felt grow within you/your spouse it seems nearly without question that you love them enough that you would give your own life to save theirs.  But to feel that same depth of love for a child you have chosen and adopted seems to me to have even more special meaning to it.  I don't want to downplay the special bond between parents and child when you've been witness to one of life's great miracles.  I personally loved the experience of being pregnant with my daughter...it felt like it is the only real chance we are given to help God with a miracle, you know?  However, if I had not been able to get pregnant I do not know if I could have made the choice to adopt.  It is a choice, which I feel really makes it special...to open up your heart and home with all of your love to adopt someone else's child.  God chooses us, He adopts us as His very own!!!  It is like He says to us "it doesn't matter where you come from, or who you are, all that matters is whose you are and I choose for you to be Mine!"  We need only believe, have that faith in Him and His Son, take Him at His Word and trust in His promises to us!  He's already chosen us - we just need to let Him in!  "...in accordance with His pleasure and will..." It is His pleasure to call us His own, His will is to adopt us thru His Son.  I pray you have your heart open to our heavenly Father who adopts us and calls us His very own!  I pray you are blessed and protected and surrounded by His love, joy and peace.  I ask that we please continue to keep Summer and her family in our prayers, along with continuing our prayers for our military and their families and always for each other as adopted Brothers and Sisters in Christ.  Have a blessed and awesome weekend and weekahead!!
Love in Christ,
Niki   

No comments: