Saturday, February 10, 2007

God IS Love & Love is from Him

Happy Valentine's Week to one and all!!!
I woke up this morning thinking about a lot of things but it wasn't until I almost started typing about another topic that it hit me - Valentine's Day is FAST approaching!  Man, I am so not ready! I don't want to get into Valentine's history, the "Hallmark" aspect, traditions, my lack of planning...what I do want to touch on this week is the one thing that most of us first think of when we think of February and Valentine's Day...LOVE!
        Living for
  Others
Very
                 Enthusiastically!
I Corinthians 13:4-7 & 13 "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
Whether our special "valentine" be our spouse, our child(ren), close friends and/or family, love is the key isn't it? When we view love the way the Bible shows us in I Corinthians it takes on a whole other meaning...love is so many things but ultimately it is from God!  God grants us love, the ability to give it and receive it.  I once had someone tell me to read the above passage but everywhere the word LOVE came in, replace it with GOD.  Guess what!  No better yet, try it for yourself...go ahead. :0)
It still worksdoesn't it?  It is still a powerful message, isn't it?  Maybe even more so, right? God is major patient with us, He sent His Son to save us and He patiently waits for us to get it...then when we stumble and fall after we got it, He lets us repent and start all over again!  God is kind, He is generous with His blessings in our lives, right?  I could go on and on about each one but I won't...I will however discuss one more, "always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." If God does this for us, and Love does this in general, then in love and by love and through love should we not be protecting each other, trusting each other, giving each other hope and helping each other persevere in our faith in Him who has given us this Greatest Love?!  I really hope you all don't think I am crazy when I get going on these weekly messages!  I am just telling you how I see it and what it means to me.  Maybe to you it means something different, maybe theologically it means something different...I am by no means a scholar!  I am merely a humble servant praying that I will be able to inspire others by His grace.  Praying too that maybe through these weekly thoughts others may in turn reach out and inspire and thus a chain of inspiration, and love, may by our Heavenly Father be born! Please continue to keep Summer and her family/friends in your prayers.  Let us all pray for our soldiers, they do not choose where they go to fight...but they do choose to stand up and fight for you and me and this country and what it stands for...One Nation Under God!!!  I personally pray for each of you every day that God would please surround you with His Love, favor and blessings...protections and deliverance.  I hope and pray that you have an awesome and blessed weekend and Valentine's Week ahead!!
Love through Christ,
Niki
 
***If you have special prayer requests please allow me to pray for you or your family/friends by leaving me a quick comment to this entry***
 

If you feel inspired to pass along my email, please do!  And/or if you or someone you know would enjoy receiving my weekly thoughts, please leave me a comment on this entry including your email address.

No comments: