Monday, February 19, 2007

Faith and Miracles

                      
I wanted to share with you two Quotes from "God Is In The Small Stuff"  By Bruce Bickel & Stan Jantz authors of "Bruce & Stan's Guide to God"  www.bruceandstan.com which my mom had shared with me a while back:
"A spiritually mature individual places more importance on God's internal presence than on the world's external signs"
"Faith does not demand miracles, but often accomplishes them"
I like in the first quote how they tie together that when we mature spiritually,  we place more importance, more emphasis on feeling His presence within ourselves than on the external signs we see in the world, or that the world looks for to validate God's presence.  The second phrase I feel ties to the first one because though we are not emphasizing or constantly searching for those external signs, and our faith is not demanding miracles in order that we believe in our heavenly Father, we are still able to accomplish miraculous things simply by keeping our faith strong.  It is so easy to look at some big event and label it a miracle, for instance there was a skydiver on the Today show this week who's parachute failed to open and he went into a vicious spiral and even waved goodbye on his helmet camera knowing he was a goner...but he survived with barely any injuries!  No brainer! That is most definitely a miracle!  But what about the single mom who raises her children and among all the adversities she faces she is still able to instill God's love in them?  How about theinner-city teenagerwhose friends are all into doing the wrong thing but he stays in school, goes to college and attributes it all to God?  Sure, we can say as Christian that we cansee God's work at hand but the world would not count these or many other countless examples as an external sign, as a miracle.   Faith doesn't demand the big neon lights extravaganzas,  it focuses on God's internal presence and through that these smaller, sometimes unnoticed miracles are accomplished!  I pray that it is one of our daily goals as God's children to strive for spiritual maturity and faith that accomplishes undemanded miracles.  I ask that we please continue to pray for Summer's healing, for our soldiers safety and for each other.  I continue to pray thanksgiving to our Lord for your continued support of my email messages and that He may please surround you each with His love, favor and blessings.
Love through Christ,
Niki
 
***If you have special prayer requests please allow me to pray for you or your family/friends by leaving me a quick response to this entry***
 

If you feel inspired to pass along my messages, please do!  And/or if you or someone you know would enjoy receiving my weekly thoughts via email, please leave me a comment on this entry including the email address which should be added to my subscriber list.

 

My weekly messages past and present can also be viewed at :
<ATITLE=HTTP: href="http://my.care2.com/ngoofychic79/sharebook" sharebook ngoofychic79 my.care2.com>http://my.care2.com/ngoofychic79/sharebook

No comments: