Sunday, May 4, 2008

Doubting or Believing?

John 20:27-29 "Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."  Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"  Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.""
 
How often when things do not go the way we planned it do we become doubting Thomas,' questioning God's plan or maybe even His existence?  As the road of life gets rocky and rough do we ask for proof before we believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel?  Or do we, as the myrrh bearing women who were greeted by the angel instead of Jesus lifeless body, believe and go to proclaim to the world that Christ is risen!  Truly He is risen!  Just as Jesus said to Thomas so also I believe He is saying to us when we waiver, "Stop doubting and believe."  God has filled our lives with countless blessings and innumerable possibilities but we must have complete faith in Him and not limit Him with our doubts.  I really know that this is way easier to say than it is to do!  However, I believe it is so rewarding to have the kind of relationship with God that puts our trust in Him completely.  I have found the more I believe without seeing, the more I see all that I am already blessed with that I used to take for granted...the less I doubt like Thomas, the less I worry about what the future holds because I know my redeemer lives and He is coming back for me someday to bring me to His paradise!  Christ is Risen!  Truly He is Risen!  Please join me in prayer:
 
Holy Lord,
We have all sinned and doubted You and Your awesome, merciful promises at some point in our lives.  Please forgive us and help us to open our hearts to Your Spirit that You may guide us to cling to You and believe even without seeing.  Lord we thank You for all Your blessings, especially the people whom You've blessed us with, our clergy, soldiers, police & fire fighters.  Please bless them all through Your divine grace, mercy and protection.  Father, we know that Your healing is the ultimate and true healing for body, mind, soul and heart.  Please grant Your supernatural healing to Summer, Sharon, Melissa, Morgan, Phyllis, Carolyn, Randy, Emily, Brenda, Sheila, Mr & Mrs Jones, Darlene, Brandy's Mom, Nancy, Fran, Rob, Cathy, Alex, Melissa, Benjamin, Amber & Michael, Ward, Karen, Kim, Abby, Lynn & Mark, Heidi, Pam, Mike, Deanna, unborn baby Lauren and to all of those whom we personally name to you now.  We recognize that Your way is perfect, and we ask that all our requests may be done not according to our wants but according to Your will and in Jesus precious name.  Amen.
 
Have a blessed and awesome week!  Christ is Risen!  Truly He is Risen!
Love through Christ,
Niki

No comments: