Saturday, December 8, 2007

That Kind Of Faith!

Luke 1:35-38 "The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. For nothing is impossible with God."  "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her."
 
I am amazed & inspired by Mary's faith!  Within the span of 9 short verses Mary goes from being troubled, to being in wonderment of how this can occur to finally being accepting of God's plan.  I like how Mary asks 'how will this be' as opposed to Zechariah's question in verse 18, 'how can I be sure of this?' {when he was being told of Elizabeth's soon to be baby John (the Baptist).}  There is a very different tone to Mary's question, one that may explain a bit into her character...  She wasn't questioning whether the angel was truthful or whether God could accomplish what was being told her, she was just a little curious as to how it would happen.  I cannot even fathom such an act of faith.  If she had found favor with God than I am going to go out on a limb and assume that she was familiar with the prophesy which depicted that Jesus would die on the cross to save the world.  And if that is the case, she just accepted the fate of later watching her firstborn Son die a horrible death on the cross.  Again I tell you, I am amazed and inspired by Mary's faith!  To knowingly and willingly accept that God's will for her life may be great but will also include a lot of pain and suffering.  She accepted this with a praiseful song in verses 46-55, she praised God for His favor and blessings upon her life.  I strive for that kind of faith, the kind of relationship with God where I may willingly accept all He plans for my life and praise His name through it all.  Let's pray together:
 
Dear God,
We thank You for Your precious Son, for Mary and her example of faith and for Your grace and promises for our lives.  Please help us to work towards that kind of accepting, servant-minded faith that Mary shows us in the Book of Luke.  Father, we wish to continue in lifting up praises to Your holy name for the healing which You have already worked in Summer, Kayla, Ally and all others whom we may personally name to You now.  We ask that You may keep restoring Summer, Kayla, Ally, and any other individuals on our minds and in our hearts, granting them Your healing touch, favor and blessings.  Please keep their families strong in You as they watch their loved ones struggle to become victorious over their injuries and illnesses.  Lord we also want to daily remember our service men and women both abroad and here in the US as they put their lives in harm's way to protect ours.   I wish to personally thank You, God, for all who read these messages that You have allowed me the blessing of typing, I thank You for letting me serve You through sharing Your love with my family, my friends and possibly some people whom I've never met that may be reading this on my web site.  Lord please bless and protect them all as they go through their daily lives this week and always, sending forth Your favor before them in all that they do and everywhere they go.  In Your Son Jesus name we ask that all this may come to pass in accordance with Your will.  Amen. 
Have a blessed weekend and week ahead!
Love through Christ,
Niki

No comments: