Sunday, May 13, 2007

God Created Mothers

 
To all moms, grandmas, aunts, step-moms, and special women who act as surrogate moms where needed I pray that today you feel as special as you make everyone around you feel all of the time!
 
Isaiah 66:12a & 13  "For this is what the LORD says...As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.""
 
The word special does not seem to cover enough of what mothers really are, they are the glue that holds families together, they are the nurturer who gives their families what they need to stay strong and grow, I know that mothers are so many other things to each of us...and, as in the above verse, they comfort their families and children on a level that people recognize so greatly that our Lord compares His promise of comfort to that same loving way that our mothers comfort us.  God knows that mothers are amazing...HE created them that way!!  I tend to believe that He knows what He's doing so I believe it was pretty intentional for mothers to have all the qualities and characteristics that they have.  I think we should most definitely celebrate mothers today and show them how much their love and comfort and support has helped make us who we are...but I think we should not wait until this once a year day to show and tell our moms all of this, we should take every opportunity to tell our moms that we love them, we appreciate them and we are thankful that God created them to be our mother!!  I hope my own 3 moms, 3 grandmas, many aunts, and my godmother know that I love, respect, appreciate and thank God for them each day...I would not be who I am without each and every one of them!  I pray that we all take time each day to thank our wonderful heavenly Father for creating for us such amazing earthly mothers!  I pray we are able to remember to make our moms feel special all throughout the year and especially today.  I ask that we continue to please pray  for Summer and her family, praising God for all He has already done in her healing process and asking for His amazing healing touch to continue to bring Summer along to a full recovery.  Please, in prayer, let us remember our troops, some of whom are themselves mothers who may be thousands of miles from their own children as they fight to keep our country free, many of whom have mothers who they rely on for emotional support and most of whom probably credit their mothers as being a big part of who they are.  I pray that each of you are surrounded by God's love, protection, favor and blessings today and always.
Love through Christ,
Niki

No comments: