Saturday, March 10, 2007

Thank Him for Your Problems

Through It All Lyrics can be found on Selah website: http://www.selahonline.com/lyrics_hidingplace.html 

Several of you may have already heard me talk about this wonderful song, Through It All, because I have been listening to it for weeks, memorizing it, soaking it in on all its levels...If you have the time I strongly encourage you to follow the link and read the song before reading the rest of this week's message. We'll still be here, promise!  So many times when struggles and trials are blocking our path in life we react in a, "Why God" response.  "Why did this happen to me or my loved one?" "Why is this so hard?" "Why can't You make this go away?" I know this because I used to react like this, it was almost a first instinct in a sad way...but it should not be my first instinct, it should not be how any of us react.  I didn't want to list the lyrics above and have the song take up the whole email but one of the lines says, "my trials only come to make me strong." Whoa!  Okay, so it's not needless torture, eh?  God is not intentionally harming us but He is capable of using our faith in Him to solve all of our problems.  Ok, so your saying to me, what about the ones that haven't been solved?  It has been so long and _____ is still suffering from _____?  No matter how long it takes He is still solving all our troubles...in this high tech world we are constantly in a hurry and we want answers and resolutions now.  God is not on our fast paced schedule though, He is on His own divine schedule.  Truly it is not an easy thing to thank and praise Him for our difficulties, concerns, sufferings, but it is the right reaction.  Next time you raise your head up to whine to God stop yourself and try thanking Him instead.  You may not see immediate resolution of whatever your concern is but I guarantee if you continue to praise His name and thank Him for using the situation to strengthen you and to increase your closeness with Him then you will feel less inclined to complain.  You will feel your spirits lift and your hopes soar in Him because His Spirit will fill you with the strength and comfort you need to get through whatever the situation may be!  I pray this week you will turn your sorrows, trials, sufferings and any concerns into praise and thanksgiving to our Lord and that He will lift your spirit with His Spirit to show you He is in charge and He will solve that problem!  I continue to ask the each and everyone of us please pray for Summer and her family, please pray for our soldiers and please pray for each other.  I am continually thankful that God continues to allow me into your email box each week and I pray that He inspires you through my messages.  Finally, I continue to pray that God surrounds you with His love, favor and blessings, this day, this week and always.

  Have an awesome weekend and week ahead!
Love through Christ,
Niki

No comments: