Thursday, October 19, 2006

Week Thirteen ~ October 19, 2006

Hello and a happy day to one and all!
Lamentations 3:40 "Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the Lord."
If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans.
The moment I read the above quoted scripture verse, it reminded me of the saying I listed below it.  Isn't that so true of us so many times in our lives?  Don't we try it alone only to find we need to return to the Lord for His guidance?  We ask Him to place us back on His path.  I like the laughter saying.  I know some people may read into the wrong way...but what it reminds me of is when I laugh at something Stasi said.  I am not viscously laughing or poking fun at her.  Sometimes her youth and innocence bubbles out in something absurd that just tickles your heart and makes you laugh.  That's how I picture it with God.  We may tell Him what we think we want or where we think we need to go in life and I believe that gives Him that heart tickle and He laughs.  He laughs because He knows we are only saying that because we don't have all the scoop...only He knows the whole picture and only He knows the best path for our lives.  His plan to prosper us takes patience on our part many times...and I think everyone benefits from laughter so I believe it's ok to discuss your plans with God.  He'll get a good laugh and then you will probably realize His plans are the ones you need to focus on.  Which, of course, means you'll need to truly let go and let God.  Easier said than done, I know!  I have been trying to get myself in the habit of doing so...now when my mind wants to let the concerns, impatience, desires, questions, etc to sneak back in and cloud my mind with worry, I literally have to tell myself to let go and let God.  When simply saying to myself is not enough, I add a prayer...if for some reason that still does not satisfy my stresses then I remind myself that the reason I need to let God have the situation is because He's in charge anyways!  It's not going to turn out any way other than how God has planned.  Period.  So, maybe we need to pray the Serenity Prayer, maybe we need to sing a song, count to ten, talk a short walk...you need to find what works for you and then use it.  I'm not saying it will work overnight but if you keep at it, and pray, then anything is possible.  I pray God helps you to let Him handle all of your worries this week. I also pray that He continues to allow me the great honor of your time each week as you share in my thoughts and reflections on His Word and His promises and His great power and love in our lives.   I continue to pray that God surrounds you with His love, favor and blessings this day, this week and always. 
Have an awesome weekend and week ahead!
Love through Christ,
Niki
If you feel inspired to pass along my email, please do!  And/or if you or some one you know would enjoy receiving my weekly thoughts, please send an email to: Banklady79@aol.com

No comments: