Thursday, April 16, 2009

God Is Calling

This Week's Combined Readings
from "The One Year Devotional Guide":
Exodus 35:10-Leviticus 9:6
Matthew 27:32-Mark 4:25
Psalm 34:1-37:29
Proverbs 9:7-10:5

Next Week's Combined Readings
from "The One Year Devotional Guide":
Leviticus 9:7-20:21
Mark 4:26-8:38
Psalm 37:30-42:11

Proverbs 10:6-17

Focus Verse(s): Mark 1:17-18
"Then Jesus said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men." They immediately left their nets and followed Him."

How many times in our lives do we immediately drop everything and follow Jesus when He calls?If you're like me then it probably isn't often enough! Here I am (incredibly) late again in my tiny weekly effort to share His love and not yet resuming the Daily Verses...yup, not immediately putting God's call into play the way I should be. Sure there's a LOT going on in my life, I'll bet there is a lot going on in yours too, but I'm sure the the disciples all had plenty on their plates too. The difference, I believe, is that they did not use their busy lives as an excuse for not doing what the LORD called them to do. Jesus wants to make all of us His fishers of men... But who among us will answer His call? Who among us will not make any excuses? I hope and pray God will continue to use me to do His will...and I pray I'll be able to drop my excuses once and for all. Will you join me in this journey and listen for God's call in your life? Please join me in prayer:

Dear Jesus,
Please forgive me - I've heard Your call but have not immediately followed. Please help me - send Your Spirit to dwell within me and grant me the strength and discipline to follow You when You call. Lord, I want to thank You for all of Your leaders in Your world, Your countries and most especially in Your churches. Please continue to bless all of them and continue to grant them Your wisdom so that they may lead us, Your people, in the right direction. We also thank You for all of Your soldiers, young and old, present and past and we pray that You please bless and protect them as well as Your families which You surround them with today and always. Father, You alone can heal us, no matter what ails us. Please grant You extraordinary healing, be it spiritual, emotional, physical or mental, to all those in need but especially to Lee, Pam, Jeff, Helen, Larry, George, Karen, Gary, Tim, Jeff, Joy, Ward, Jeff, and all those we each name to You now. God we know that Your will is perfect and therefore we ask that all these things be done according to Your wishes and not our own. We pray all this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Have a blessed and awesome weekend and week ahead!!!
Love through Christ,
Niki

No comments: