Thursday, September 21, 2006

Week Nine ~ 9-21-2006

 
Happy day to one and all!
I have been tossing around thoughts on forgiveness for quite a few weeks now but always seem to choose another topic for these emails.  I think it is hard for me to "talk" about forgiveness for I am still a major work in progress in this department!  Still, I have started to realize lately that although whatever offense that was done unto me may have hurt me...holding onto that "grudge" for lack of another word...refusing to forgive the other person, well that was truly hurting me far more deeply than whatever the thing needing to be forgiven ever could.  I am fast finding out that the longer you hold onto the hostile feelings, the farther back in your past they go then the harder and harder it gets to forgive and forget.  Forgiveness is such a powerful and incredibly important part of being a Christian!  In Matthew 6:14-15 the Bible tells us, "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."  A guest priest at our church several Sundays ago spoke of the Lord's Prayer and broke down how we ask Our Heavenly Father to, "forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. "  He elaborated on how if we are asking God to forgive our sins as we forgive those who sin against us but then we do not forgive how then can we expect God's forgiveness?  I have prayed hard for an uplifting positive side to this because it all feels so serious to me...which is because it is serious business!  It can change our whole outlook when we let go, forgive those who've hurt us...we will feel such a freedom that I cannot even explain in words.  So as I pray for the strength, wisdom, courage and love to be able to forgive those I have not yet been able to fully forgive, I also pray that if there is anyone whom you need to forgive that God will guide you and grant you the strength, wisdom, courage and love to be able to forgive them.  The good news is in I John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, God, who is faithful and just, will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."  I never stop loving the Bible and the positive messages it holds in store for each and everyone of us!!!  I pray He grants you each protection and deliverance from whatever you may need this week.  I continue to pray that God surrounds you with His love, favor and blessings this day, this week and always.  Have an awesome week ahead! 
I will be on vacation next week but expect to have access to a computer so hopefully you will hear from me Thursday as usual.
Love through Christ,
Niki
If you feel inspired to pass along my email, please do!  And/or if you know of anyone who would enjoy my thoughts, please send an email

No comments: